United States

Keli McGregor

Keli McGregor

(1962 – 2010)

• Light a candle
  • Place a gift
United States

Keli McGregor

Keli McGregor
(1962 – 2010)

In memory of

Keli McGregor

(1962 – 2010)
About Keli
This is a tribute to Keli McGregor. Keli McGregor was a professional football player in the NFL and was president of the Colorado Rockies from 2001 until his death.
Keli McGregor was a multi-sport athlete at Lakewood High School in Colorado before starring with the Colorado State Rams football team as a tight end. Keli McGregor was a four-year starter at Colorado State. Considered to be an undersized halfback when he arrived on campus, Keli McGregor went from freshman walk-on to second-team all-American tight end in 1984. He grew to 6ft 6ins and 250lb, and went on to become an all-Western Athletic Conference tight end from 1982-4. He set a single-season school record with 69 catches in 1983, a mark that stood
Continued...
About Keli
for 10 years. He was voted to Colorado State's all-century team in 1992 and was named to the CSU Hall of Fame in 1996.
Keli McGregor was selected by Denver in the fourth round of the 1985 NFL draft and played for the Denver Broncos and the Indianapolis Colts during the 1985 NFL season.
Following his retirement from football, Keli McGregor then embarked on a career in sports administration. He was as an associate athletic director at the University of Arkansas for four years, and then assistant football coach for two years at the University of Florida from 1988-89, where he earned a Master's degree in education with an emphasis on athletic administration.
He joined Colorado Rockies in October 1993
Continued overleaf...
About Keli
as senior director of operations. He was promoted to senior vice-president in 1996 and executive vice-president in 1998. He was named president of the team in 2001.
On April 20th, 2010, Keli passed away. This is an online memorial dedicated to his memory.
Please write something below
(You can delete your comment at any time and edit it for 15 minutes after submission)
1
Gold tribute.

Please log in to upload galleries

Keli McGregor - tribute extract

Keli McGregor

Keli McGregor was a multi-sport athlete at Lakewood High School in Colorado before starring with the Colorado State Rams football team as a tight end. Keli McGregor was a four-year starter at Colorado State. Considered to be an undersized halfback when he arrived on campus, Keli McGregor went from freshman walk-on to second-team all-American tight end in 1984. He grew to 6ft 6ins and 250lb, and went on to become an all-Western Athletic Conference tight end from 1982-4. He set a single-season school record with 69 catches in 1983, a mark that stood...

The tribute dedicated to Keli McGregor has yet to be contributed to.
X
X
X
X
(You can edit your entry for 15 minutes after submission and can delete your entry at any time)
Rest in peace Keli
I first met Keli at ****
My sincere condolences to all friends and family of Keli
My fondest memory of Keli was ****
Keli used to really enjoy ****
What I will miss the most about Keli is ****
Keli inspired me to ****
Keli changed my life by ****
If I had to sum up what Keli meant to me it would be ****
X