United States

Erica Blasberg

Erica Blasberg

(1984 – 2010)

• Light a candle
  • Place a gift
United States

Erica Blasberg

Erica Blasberg
(1984 – 2010)

In memory of

Erica Blasberg

(1984 – 2010)
About Erica
This is an online memorial dedicated to Erica Paige Blasberg. Erica Blasberg was an American golfer who played on the LPGA Tour.
Erica Blasberg was born in Orange, California, and raised in Corona, California. She attended Corona High School where she played on the boys' golf team.
As an amateur, Erica Blasberg was the medalist at the 2000 U.S. Girls' Junior and lost in the quarterfinals. In 2003, she reached the quarterfinals of the U.S. Women's Amateur. She attended the University of Arizona and was the country's number 1 ranked college player as a freshman, compiling six victories before leaving in her sophomore year to turn pro. She was an All-America golfer in 2003 and 2004, NCAA Freshman of the
Continued...
About Erica
Year in 2003, Pac-10 Player of the Year in 2003, and won the Golfists Cup, awarded for the NCAA women's lowest stroke average, in 2003. In 2004 she was on the winning United States Curtis Cup team.
Erica Blasberg turned professional in June 2004 and played on the Futures Tour that season. She won the Laconia Savings Bank Golf Classic and en route to her first professional win broke the Tour's 18 hole scoring record, shooting a 62. She earned non-exempt status for the LPGA Tour at the 2004 LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament.
Erica Blasberg started on the LPGA Tour in 2005, making the cut in most of her early events but not contending for top positions. She was disqualified from the Chick-fil-A Charity Championship
Continued overleaf...
About Erica
in May 2005 when she left the scoring tent without signing her card. Erica Blasberg later told reporters that the rule infraction was poorly handled by the officials and that she should not have received a penalty. The next week she made a hole in one and won a Mercury SUV.
Erica Blasberg was considered one of the LPGA's more photogenic players and in February 2006 Puma signed her to endorse and wear their clothing. ESPN radio once compared her to Natalie Gulbis, an LPGA golfer who did a swimsuit calendar.
Erica Blasberg passed away on May 9th 2010 at only 25 years old. This is a tribute to her life and her golfing career. May she rest in peace.
Please write something below
(You can delete your comment at any time and edit it for 15 minutes after submission)
1
Gold tribute.

Please log in to upload galleries

Erica Blasberg - tribute extract

Erica Blasberg

As an amateur, Erica Blasberg was the medalist at the 2000 U.S. Girls' Junior and lost in the quarterfinals. In 2003, she reached the quarterfinals of the U.S. Women's Amateur. She attended the University of Arizona and was the country's number 1 ranked college player as a freshman, compiling six victories before leaving in her sophomore year to turn pro. She was an All-America golfer in 2003 and 2004, NCAA Freshman of the...

The tribute dedicated to Erica Blasberg has yet to be contributed to.
X
X
X
X
(You can edit your entry for 15 minutes after submission and can delete your entry at any time)
Rest in peace Erica
I first met Erica at ****
My sincere condolences to all friends and family of Erica
My fondest memory of Erica was ****
Erica used to really enjoy ****
What I will miss the most about Erica is ****
Erica inspired me to ****
Erica changed my life by ****
If I had to sum up what Erica meant to me it would be ****
X