United States

Jarvis Williams

Jarvis Williams

(1965 – 2010)

• Light a candle
  • Place a gift
Currently no music on this tribute
United States

Jarvis Williams

Jarvis Williams
(1965 – 2010)

In memory of

Jarvis Williams

(1965 – 2010)
About Jarvis
This is a memorial dedicated to Jarvis Williams. Jarvis Eric Williams, Sr. was a former American college and professional football player who was a defensive back for seven seasons in the National Football League (NFL).
Jarvis Williams was born in Palatka, Florida. He attended Palatka High School, and was a key player for the Palatka Panthers football team that won the state 3A championship in 1981. After graduating from high school, Jarvis received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in nearby Gainesville, Florida, where he played cornerback for coach Galen Hall's Florida Gators football teams from 1984 to 1987. He started forty-five consecutive games over four seasons, had ten career
Continued...
About Jarvis
interceptions, and led the team in tackles (77) and punt returns (20 for 222 yards) during his senior season. Jarvis Williams was named a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection in 1986 and a first-team All-American in 1987. The Gators posted identical 9–1–1 records in 1984 and 1985, and the best SEC win-loss records of 5–0–1 and 5–1 during those same seasons.
Jarvis Williams was chosen by the Miami Dolphins in the second round (forty-second pick overall) of the 1988 NFL Draft, and played safety for the Dolphins from 1988 to 1993. In Miami, Jarvis was reunited with Gators teammate Louis Oliver, and together they were the Dolphins' starting safeties for five
Continued overleaf...
About Jarvis
seasons. In his first five NFL seasons with the Dolphins, Jarvis Williams recorded fourteen interceptions, including one he returned forty-two yards for a touchdown in 1990. He played his final NFL season for the New York Giants in 1994.
Jarvis Williams was inducted into the University of Florida's Athletic Hall of Fame as a "Gator Great" in 2001. He was recently hired as an assistant football coach at Interlachen High School in Interlachen, Florida.
Jarvis Williams passed away just before midnight on May 25, 2010; he was 45 years old. This is a tribute dedicated to the life and career of Jarvis Williams. May he rest in peace.
Please write something below
(You can delete your comment at any time and edit it for 15 minutes after submission)
1
Gold tribute.

Please log in to upload galleries

Jarvis Williams - tribute extract

Jarvis Williams

Jarvis Williams was born in Palatka, Florida. He attended Palatka High School, and was a key player for the Palatka Panthers football team that won the state 3A championship in 1981. After graduating from high school, Jarvis received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in nearby Gainesville, Florida, where he played cornerback for coach Galen Hall's Florida Gators football teams from 1984 to 1987. He started forty-five consecutive games over four seasons, had ten career...

The tribute dedicated to Jarvis Williams has yet to be contributed to.
X
X
X
X
(You can edit your entry for 15 minutes after submission and can delete your entry at any time)
Rest in peace Jarvis
I first met Jarvis at ****
My sincere condolences to all friends and family of Jarvis
My fondest memory of Jarvis was ****
Jarvis used to really enjoy ****
What I will miss the most about Jarvis is ****
Jarvis inspired me to ****
Jarvis changed my life by ****
If I had to sum up what Jarvis meant to me it would be ****
X