United States

Lorenzen Wright

Lorenzen Wright

(1975 – 2010)

• Light a candle
  • Place a gift
United States

Lorenzen Wright

Lorenzen Wright
(1975 – 2010)

In memory of

Lorenzen Wright

(1975 – 2010)
About Lorenzen
This is an online obituary dedicated to Lorenzen Wright. Lorenzen Vern-Gagne Wright was an American professional basketball player.
Raised near Oxford, Mississippi, Lorenzen Wright played all levels of basketball in Memphis – high school, collegiate and professional. Lorenzen Wright was selected a Third Team All-America by the Associated Press as a sophomore at the University of Memphis.
After being selected seventh overall by the Los Angeles Clippers in the 1996 NBA Draft out of the University of Memphis, Lorenzen Wright moved on to the Atlanta Hawks in 1999. He was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies in 2001, but returned to the Hawks in 2006.
On February 16, 2008, he was involved in a multi-player
Continued...
About Lorenzen
trade, going from Atlanta to Sacramento for Mike Bibby.
He held career averages of 8.0 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
Lorenzen Wright founded the Sierra Simone Wright Scholarship Fund after the death of his infant daughter in March 2003. During the summer of 2003, he returned to the University of Memphis to finish his degree. His father Herb was a professional basketball player who competed in Finland.
During his first stint in Atlanta, Lorenzen Wright and three other Memphis-native NBA players (Todd Day, Penny Hardaway and Elliot Perry) provided financial assistance to Travis Butler, a Memphis orphan whose tragic story garnered national attention.
Lorenzen Wright was a member of Kappa Alpha
Continued overleaf...
About Lorenzen
Psi Fraternity Incorporated; initiated Spring 1996 to the Kappa Beta Chapter (The 12 Disciples of the Diamond).
Lorenzen Wright passed away on 19 July 2010. This tribute is dedicated to his memory. May he rest in peace.
Remembrance Messages
On 2nd Oct 2013
cassandra jackson
wrote:
Lorenzen Wright what can I say, I can't say but that the world has truly lost a friend. A friend in my mind and many more. Your accomplishmants in your short time here has left a mark on all of our lives. I will never forget you may your journey home be welcomed.RIP cassandra jackson of St.Louis MO
Remembrance Messages
On 4th Aug 2010
Teresa Carey
wrote:
RIP Lorenzen. May you find peace in the arms of the Lord.....
Remembrance Messages
On 3rd Aug 2010
twanisha talor
wrote:
RIP Renzo,you will be missed dearly
Remembrance Messages
On 1st Aug 2010
Dana Martin
wrote:
THIS IS A VERY SAD TIME FOR MEMPHIS. OUR HEARTS ARE BROKEN. I WILL MISS YOU, REN. YOU WERE SO LOVED.
Remembrance Messages
On 31st Jul 2010
Jim Welch
wrote:
RIP Ren, you will be missed....
Please write something below
(You can delete your comment at any time and edit it for 15 minutes after submission)
REN
Uploaded by:
Jim Welch
(Click image to view gallery)
Gold tribute.

Please log in to upload galleries

Lorenzen Wright - tribute extract

Lorenzen Wright

On February 16, 2008, he was involved in a multi-player...

Lorenzen Wright is remembered by...
cassandra jackson
Teresa Carey
twanisha talor
Dana Martin
Jim Welch
X
X
X
X
(You can edit your entry for 15 minutes after submission and can delete your entry at any time)
Rest in peace Lorenzen
I first met Lorenzen at ****
My sincere condolences to all friends and family of Lorenzen
My fondest memory of Lorenzen was ****
Lorenzen used to really enjoy ****
What I will miss the most about Lorenzen is ****
Lorenzen inspired me to ****
Lorenzen changed my life by ****
If I had to sum up what Lorenzen meant to me it would be ****
X