Colombia

Dr Harold Cassab

Dr Harold Cassab

(1972 – 2011)

• Light a candle
  • Place a gift
Currently no music on this tribute
Colombia

Dr Harold Cassab

Dr Harold Cassab
(1972 – 2011)

In memory of

Dr Harold Cassab

(1972 – 2011)
About Dr Harold
Dr Harold Cassab of the Department of Marketing at The University of Auckland, passed away in Cali, Colombia on Friday June 17, at the age of 38. His wife, Carolina and his parents were by his bedside at the time.
Harold was energetic, unfailingly cheerful and a much valued colleague and popular teacher in our department. He taught Customer Relationship Management and Services Marketing to undergraduates, Service Science to post graduate students, and Marketing for Scientific and Technical Personnel in the Master of BioScience Enterprise programme.
In 2005, Harold received his PhD from the University of Washington where he held the Evert McCabe and Edna Benson Fellowships. His PhD dissertation concerned
Continued...
About Dr Harold
customer perceptions of coordination in multi-channel service interfaces and their relationship with the firm. He and his wife Carolina, moved to New Zealand and this department that same year.
He was a scholar with an international network of collaborators. His inter-disciplinary research concerned product and service design and consumer acceptance of product/service systems. Harold’s work appears in the Journal of Service Research, Journal of Service Management, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Service Science and the International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management.
His service to the university and the Business School included sitting on the IT Faculty Forum, the
Continued overleaf...
About Dr Harold
Scholarships Committee and the Staff Student Advisory Group. The Department is working to establish a scholarship in Harold’s name and to create an online archive of his work. We will announce these in due course.
Harold was a person held in high regard for his personal integrity and for his courage over the past two years. He was also a warmly engaging person who embraced life and valued its relationships. Harold is a great loss to The University of Auckland and to the profession. We will miss him and we mourn with his wife, Carolina, and with his family in Colombia.
Remembrance Messages
On 14th Jul 2011
Vicki Little
wrote:
Hola Harold ... I remember so many things about you, but the one that sticks was when you first came to the department. I was going to Santiago and needed to book a hotel - but they spoke NO English! So you patiently rewrote my ugly Babelfish Spanish request with only one raised eyebrow, and I'm guessing you put it in the most gracious elegant Spanish they'd ever seen ... Needless to say when I showed up they were a little surprised :-) That kind of says
Continued overleaf...
Remembrance Messages
Vicki Little
message continued:
it all for me about you, totally nonjudgmental, always happy to help, and an all round good guy. It's just not going to be the same without you ... Will miss you big time. Adios my friend. Vicki
Remembrance Messages
On 5th Jul 2011
Hani Jossi
wrote:
My dear teacher and friend Harold. You are one of the best teachers I have ever encountered in the Scient702 course 2009. You are intelligent, caring funny but most importantly stimulated my interest in marketing, which is rather an achievement for a SCIENCE student I might add! I am very sad and distraught when I heard the news but I am sure you are in a better place right now. May God bless your soul and aid your family through these undoubtedly tough times.
Continued overleaf...
Remembrance Messages
Hani Jossi
message continued:
Thanks for making a difference in my life. Hani J.
Remembrance Messages
On 3rd Jul 2011
Peter Danaher
wrote:
Well Harold, I think you set a new standard for "go with the flow" in the Marketing Department. From interview, to recruitment, to settling into your new job at the University of Auckland you were a pleasure to work with. No fuss, no drama, just a smile and a "yes". Thanks for bringing those qualities to your workplace and for being an enduring colleague to so many people.
Peter Danaher - Former Head of Department
Remembrance Messages
On 3rd Jul 2011
Gaia Rubera
wrote:
Harold set up my interview at the University of Auckland. While I was there he made me feel at home and was very genorous with his time. Even though I knew him only briefly, I was saddened to hear of his passing. May God bless you and your family.
Remembrance Messages
On 29th Jun 2011
Cristel Russell
wrote:
Harold was a wonderful colleague and friend. He made others, students, colleagues and staff alike, feel welcome and valued. He was always ready for a serious research chat or just a friendly exchange to break up the day. His smile and good nature were contagious and we are so lucky to have had Harold amongst us.
Te echamos te menos, Harold.
Cristel
Remembrance Messages
On 28th Jun 2011
Richard Brookes
wrote:
For the past couple of years Vicki and I worked with Harold on a research project to do with design-led strategies. Not only was he a great colleague in the Department, as others will no doubt attest, but he was also a pleasure to work closely with. A thoughtful and sharing person, he will be sadly missed.
Remembrance Messages
On 27th Jun 2011
Crystal Guo
wrote:
In my memory, Dr Harold was one of the most young, smart, cheerful and friendly lecturer that I have ever met. I like his teaching style and we do learn a lot from him. I feel really sad at losing such a lovable teacher. May God bless you in Heaven! We'll all miss you!
Remembrance Messages
On 26th Jun 2011
Michael Myers
wrote:
Harold was a warm and cheerful person who was a pleasure to work with. It seems we had only just got started on a joint research project (with Tuure Tuunanen) and how he is gone. We will miss him.
Remembrance Messages
On 23rd Jun 2011
Mary Hoong
wrote:
Harold is one of my favourite Academic Staff in the University of Auckland Business School. He was courteous, organised and efficient. Whenever he needed administrative support from me, he was always to the point and there was no fuss from him. He always met the deadline I set for action items. On a personal level, I admire his positive attitude and cheerful disposition. His passing on 17/6/11 was too sudden. I am still coming to terms with it.I was possibly
Continued overleaf...
Remembrance Messages
Mary Hoong
message continued:
the last person in the Marketing Department who "spoke" to him via email on 11/6/11. I shall miss him dearly.
Remembrance Messages
On 23rd Jun 2011
Karen Fernandez
wrote:
I remember meeting Harold in 2004, when Peter, Denise and I interviewed him for a position here at Auckland. He was so smart, well-dressed, good-looking, and pleasant- we just knew he’d be a perfect fit for our dept- and he was. He demonstrated a sincere caring nature for the postgraduate students and was always happy to talk about his or my research interests. He had so much to offer, and I feel so privileged to have known him. He told me once that
Continued overleaf...
Remembrance Messages
Karen Fernandez
message continued:
one of the few nice things about his illness was to know that people all around the world were praying for him, because it told him that people all around the world cared about him. Fly free Harold.
Remembrance Messages
On 23rd Jun 2011
Bodo Lang
wrote:
Harold, you are the colleague I heard so much about but I never got to know. You clearly were a fantastic person because evyerbody misses you so much. Thank you for contributing so much to everybody's lives in so many ways. You will be much missed. Bodo
Please write something below
(You can delete your comment at any time and edit it for 15 minutes after submission)
Gold tribute.

Please log in to upload galleries

Dr Harold Cassab - tribute extract

Dr Harold Cassab

In 2005, Harold received his PhD from the University of Washington where he held the Evert McCabe and Edna Benson Fellowships. His PhD dissertation concerned...

Dr Harold Cassab is remembered by...
Vicki Little
Hani Jossi
Peter Danaher
Gaia Rubera
Cristel Russell
Richard Brookes
Crystal Guo
Michael Myers
Mary Hoong
Karen Fernandez
Bodo Lang
X
X
X
X
(You can edit your entry for 15 minutes after submission and can delete your entry at any time)
Rest in peace Dr Harold
I first met Dr Harold at ****
My sincere condolences to all friends and family of Dr Harold
My fondest memory of Dr Harold was ****
Dr Harold used to really enjoy ****
What I will miss the most about Dr Harold is ****
Dr Harold inspired me to ****
Dr Harold changed my life by ****
If I had to sum up what Dr Harold meant to me it would be ****
X